Last breakfast recipe for now, I promise.
I am obsessed with this recipe from 100 Days of Real Food for Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes. I always add chocolate chips when I make them. They freeze really well and taste great reheated, so I usually make a big batch and store the extras in the freezer.
Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
recipe adapted from 100 Days of Real Food
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 100% pure maple syrup for serving
1. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the center and add the honey, eggs, milk, and oil.
3. Mash the bananas and fold into the batter.
4. heat a pan or griddle to medium heat and cook pancakes.
5. Add chocolate chips to the batter while pancakes are cooking, if desired.
6. Serve with fresh banana slices and maple syrup.
7. Store the rest wrapped individually in parchment paper or aluminum foil and freeze.
The mashed bananas are what make the pancakes naturally sweet and the more ripe, the better
adding wet ingredients to dry
mixed batter ready for the pan
not the most beautifully round pancake, but it works
Ready for the freezer!